Absentee voting in the April 2 election
The April 2, 2024 School Board election is scheduled during the district's Spring Break. Here's what you need to know about Absentee Voting in LSR7's three voting jurisdictions.
- In-person absentee voting begins on Feb. 20, 2024.
- The last day to register to vote before the April 2 election is March 6, 2024.
- Requests for a mail-in ballot must be sent in by March 20, 2024.
- The next LSR7 election is a School Board election on April 2, 2024.
- The LSR7 Spring Break is April 1-5, 2024.
There are two options to vote absentee in an election: mail-in or in-person.
Starting Feb. 16, voters who wish to fill out a mail-in ballot may send in a request by filling out a form provided by their local election board for that ballot. Voters must provide a reason they need to vote absentee. Those requests for a mail-in ballot must be sent back to a voter's local election board by March 20. The ballot itself must be filled out and mailed back so that it arrives the Election Board by 7 p.m. on Election Day. Visit your Election Board website for more information.
If you prefer to vote in person, there are designated places to do so depending on where you live.
- Jackson County voters living outside of Kansas City vote at the Jackson County Election Board offices.
- Voters at a Kansas City, Mo. address vote at the Kansas City Board of Elections.
- Voters who live in Cass County must vote at the County Clerk's office.
In-person absentee voting begins on February 20. Up until two weeks before the election, voters must give a reason for in-person absentee voting. Starting March 19, voters can continue to vote absentee in person without providing a reason. Visit your Election Board website for more information.
All absentee voters must provide a valid form of identification. Forms of identification that are accepted include a current Missouri driver's license, a current Missouri non-driver's license or a current photo ID issued by the United States or state of Missouri (passport, Missouri National Guard, etc.)
The April 2025 election will also occur on the district's Spring Break.