Click here to watch our video for Kindergarten Kickoff!
This year’s summer learning dates are June 1-July 1. The first week will be Tuesday-Friday, with the remaining weeks Monday-Thursday. The nine participating sites are: CCE, HHE, MLE, PLE, PVE, RHE, SVE, TRE and UWE – as well as R7 Online. Enrollment will open at 8:00 a.m. on April 19th and remain open until 3:00 p.m. on April 30th. A course catalog will be available online beginning March 22nd.
R7 Summer Learning Institute will be different this year: Students will enroll in 2 enrichment courses (AM and PM). Kindergarten will attend all day (not the shortened day of the past). Identified students will attend 1 recovery course and 1 enrichment course. Transportation will provide shuttle service from a student’s school of residence to a partnered/nearby school. Title 1 schools will be provided curbside bus service. Lunch will be provided to all students, free of charge. A fee-based Summer Camp will be available before and after Summer Learning. As soon as it is available, a flyer will be shared on this post.
Curbside meals will be available for pickup up on Wednesdays, March 3, 10, 17 and 24 from 12-1 p.m. at Lee’s Summit North High School and Lee’s Summit West High School. These will include five breakfast meals and five lunch meals. To cover the week of Spring Break, we will have a special meal pickup at the same locations/time on Friday, March 26.
If anyone has students learning from home without transportation during this timeframe, contact LSR7 Nutrition Services at 816-986-2200.
Hot meals will be available daily for all students attending in-person classes.
Before and After School Services, in cooperation with elementary building staff, will be continuing to offer SummitRise during Late Start Wednesdays. SummitRise is a no cost student supervision for all students learning in-person during Late Start Wednesdays. There is no fee for SummitRise.
The schedule below provides the dates for open enrollment in SummitRise. All students needing supervision during SummitRIse must enroll to attend. To enroll, log in to your Power School account and select “e-Scheduler.” Choose from either the Early Schools or Late Schools and complete your enrollment for each child. Instructions to enroll can be found here.
The April 28 SummitRise enrollment window is open from 9 a.m. on April 14 to 11:59 p.m. on April 25.
Students in “in-person” learning are eligible to enroll. Here are other items you need to know:
- Enrollment closes when capacity is reached at each location.
- Once you start your enrollment, you must finish the enrollment to prevent enrollment error in the system.
- Capacity will be limited due to social distancing, available space and staff.
- If you are currently enrolled in morning Kids Country, please DO NOT enroll in SummitRise. You are already included in the enrollment capacity.
- What to bring? Students will need to bring their fully charged Chromebook for homework or approved games or bring a book to read. Group activities students can participate in individually will be offered periodically. Students will not be choosing gym or outdoor activities. Toys or other items from home will not be permissible during SummitRise.
- Students will be greeted outside the front entrance of the school where they will be checked in weather permitting.
- Questions may be directed to your school office or the Kids Country program at your school.
2020-21 CSIP Survey: Lend your voice to the district’s strategic planning survey.
The R7 Transportation Department is hiring! Click here for more information!